As A Web Designer, what key information do you need from a client to get started?
In order to save time working in the world of web design, it is imperative that information necessary for any project is given to the designer before starting the work. That’s right, no constant back and forth emails during the project wasting everyone’s time!! This will save hours of tedious & unnecessary communication between both parties.
The information you will need for each type of project will vary somewhat but there are some key themes that play a common role amongst all web design projects. Here is a quick list of questions that we send our clients that you can steal and benefit from today:
- Business Name:
- Business Description:
- Business Address:
- Business Phone:
- Business Email:
- Opening/working times: (if applicable)
- Please upload any brand guidelines: (logo etc)
- Do you have any preferred colour scheme for the website, hex code(s) preferable:
- List 3 websites in your niche that you like the look of and why you like them:
- List 3 websites in your niche that you dislike the look of and why you dislike them:
- What pages do you need on your website? (Home, About us, Services, Gallery, Contact Us, etc)
- Do you have any written content ready? Please provide a URL link to a google doc.
- Do you have any pictures of your business/work/office/team that you want to put on the website? (Client’s normally give a google drive/dropbox folder URL)
- List the services you are providing through your business (If applicable)
- Tell us about your ideal prospect/customer (age, locality, gender, profession etc)
- What is that one call to action that you want to highlight on your website when a user lands on it? (i.e. Contact Us, Subscribe for promotions, Book for an appointment, Product checkout)
- In what timeframe do you need the site completed
Here are some additional questions you may want to ask:
- What is your USP?
- What are your audience’s pain points (as in why should people buy your products)? – Benefits not features!
- Please provide a csv. file of product database (if applicable)
- Please provide product images (google drive/dropbox folder URL)
- Please provide product titles, descriptions and prices (google doc URL)